[CMake] LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'z.lib'

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Sat Jun 6 14:19:08 EDT 2009

Make sure you reply to the list, not just to me. And please don't
top-post.

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 07:43:00PM +0200, motes motes wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion. My point was that when I downloaded zlib for
> windows there was no file called 'z.lib'. I would like to know if anyone
> knows where this z.lib file might be found.

Are you sure you're supposed to link against zlib? Maybe there's another
library called 'z' somewhere?

If you're supposed to link against zlib, then just figure out what the
import library is called (maybe it's zlib.lib or libz.lib, I can't
remember) and link against that.

tyler