[CMake] include_external_msproject creating duplicate projects in parent solution

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Fri Jun 5 12:30:13 EDT 2009

I missed this reply since it wasn't threaded correctly (something wrong
with your mail reader David?). Luckily David said something slightly
different from what I said :).

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 05:14:20PM -0400, David.Karr at L-3COM.COM wrote:
> I wonder if the concept of a PROJECT command in a subdirectory of your
> top-level CMake directory is semantically sound.  That is, it might work
> sometimes but cause trouble when you hit one of the
> not-so-well-thought-out consequences of doing it.

We do this all over the place and everything seems to work as expected.
This practice is useful because it means that a developer can visit any
node in our tree and run CMake to generate a build system just for the
modules that she is interested in (and its dependencies).

tyler