[CMake] cl.exe broken

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Fri Jun 5 06:45:42 EDT 2009

Zitat von bob <bob_ge at 163.com>:
> Hello everyone, I first used cmake, build for VS2005 and found error:
> "  the c compiler cl is not able to complile a simple test program"
> why?

Did you run the shell environment for VS2005? You find the link in the
start menu.
If you did: You have to also install the Platform SDK (or Windows SDK
or however it is called today).
Additionally, there is no automatic integration of that SDK into
VS2005 Express (the buy-version does that), you have to do that
manually. How to do that is described on some MS web page.
OR: install VS2008. The difference in the startup script of VS2008 to
VS2005 can be used to integrate the SDK into VS2005.

HS