[CMake] Trouble with Variable in installation

Pierre-Julien Villoud PVilloud at movea.com
Fri Jun 5 03:31:51 EDT 2009

Hi Denis and thank you for your answer

> either: cmake -DLANG=en_US /path/to/source
The problem with this solution is that I want the variable to be set when I call make install and not cmake. I tried to add a target which do the cmake and define the variable like that :

add_custom_target(MyInstall COMMAND "cmake -DLANG=%LANG%")
add_dependencies(install MyInstall)

but I can't add the dependency between the two targets.

> either: SET(LANG "$ENV{LANG}") somewhere
It's the same problem as above, the variable is set at cmake call, not at make call.

> either: "Use COMPONENT option from INSTALL command"
I will look forward into this since I don't know how it works.

Thanks !

Pierre-Julien