[CMake] win32 and x64 in the same generator?

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Tue Jun 2 15:44:31 EDT 2009

Mike, Philip, Sergey, John,

Thanks for the insights. They will be useful in calming our Windows
developers.

Mike,

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:45:38PM -0400, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > Two things come to mind:
> >
> > 1. find_library() (i.e. dependencies).. How would you pick 64-bit vs.
> > 32-bit?
> > 2. When compile tests are run (e.g. sizeof(void*) ).  Which compiler would
> > be used, 32-bit or 64-bit?
> >
> Those same problems are all in the Xcode generator also as one can
> specify up to 4 archs on OS X to compile for.

How do you handle this in Xcode? Do you have a separate binary tree for
each architecture? Do you use tricks a la ${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR} to hack
around the different per-architecture paths/library names/...?

Thanks,
tyler