[CMake] Using relative paths with INSTALL

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 1 10:53:34 EDT 2009

Timothy M. Shead wrote:
> Folks:
>
> On a couple of occasions now I've recommended the use of relative paths
> with the OSX bundle installer - this to install files within the bundle
> in "nonstandard" locations.  It would be good to hear from the CMake
> gurus on whether relative paths are supported or not.  For example:
>
> INSTALL(FILES foo DESTINATION ../MacOS)
>
> ... note that this only makes sense within the context of an OSX bundle.

The install() command

   http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:install

interprets relative DESTINATION paths with respect to the installation
prefix (CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX).  No other interpretation is supported.

Are you seeing special behavior for an App Bundle?  Did you set
the prefix to point inside an otherwise manually created bundle?

-Brad