[CMake] "No such file or directory" error when using cmake/swig

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Mon Jun 1 10:02:31 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use swig & cmake to generate java files for one of my
libraries. The problem I'm having is that I'd like to create a jar from

the output file but I don't know how to create a directory that swig can
write to from Cmake. I've specified:

SET(CMAKE_SWIG_OUTDIR
"${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/java/src/com/or/vtkormodelreader" )

In my cmake file but during compile I receive the following error:

Unable to open file
E:/work/research/vtkORModelReader/build32/java/src/com/or/vtkormodelread
er\vtkORModelReader.java: No such file or directory

3>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Swig
source"

If I manually create the directory structure, it works perfectly,
however this isn't the desired behavior.

I thought I could work around this by creating the directory during the
build but I can't find  any commands to do something similar to "mkdir".

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Gerrick