[CMake] Shared libraries cannot be found after deploying a CPack package

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:37:33 EDT 2009

On 16. Jul, 2009, at 16:17, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Michael Wild wrote:
>
>> Actually, I'm planning on doing this with the .def files. But then,
>> maintaining them might also become a nightmare.
>
> You can generate them if you use dumpbin and some scripting....
> But, it is much easier to just use the declspec stuff....
>
> -Bill

Only thing is, how do I find the files which need exporting/importing?
I have 5000 source/header files, many of which do not export a single
symbol, because they contain pure template code.

Probably I'll do some scripting (at least for the first conversion)
which searches through all the .obj files and uses dumpbin to
determine whether the corresponding source file exports something.
Then I could try to demangle the name and print it along with the
source file name into a file.

Michael