[CMake] cpack -G DEB for subdirectories

Timenkov Yuri ytimenkov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:44:58 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:11 PM, BlinkEye <gentoo at blinkeye.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, January 30, 2009 14:37, Eric Noulard wrote:
> > As far as I know CPack only handles a single per-project package,
> > i.e. you may easilly build a package (deb, rpm, tgz etc...) for the WHOLE
> > project, even if the project does have subdirectories.
> > CPack will package all target, files etc... which are
> >

> Thanks for elaborating and answering my question. I'm actually trying to
> generate
> different .deb files for a single project (e.g. for different libraries,
> executables). Checking out your links it looks like this is not possible at
> the
> moment.

You may want to use custom CPack scripts for different purposes. By default,
CPack uses script generated by CMake in top-level directory, but you can
write your own one (and as many as you want) and pass it to cpack as command
line parameter.
Of course, install components could be great help in packaging.