[CMake] INSTALL dependencies

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jan 29 10:40:08 EST 2009

I agree with this sentiment.

Use GetPrerequisites.cmake to gather the list of dlls that your stuff
depends on, and then use some INSTALL(FILES commands to install the dll
files.

If there are issues with GetPrerequisites, email the list or enter an issue
in the bug tracker and let's make it work.

One of the main reasons for *not* doing this in CMake automatically is to
make people think about the DLLs they really need installed with their
programs and to consider the licensing issues involved for each of them.

Forcing you to explicitly list them in your CMakeLists.txt files is a good
way to get you to consider the implications of bundling DLLs with your
project. If it was entirely automatic and just worked, we might make it "too
easy" for you to violate a redistribution or licensing agreement.
(Unintentionally, of course...)

HTH,
David