[CMake] printing a message post make install

Mattias Helsing helsing72 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:52:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

I need to notify users right after they have done 'make install' and
my idea was to put a:

install(CODE "MESSAGE(\"some message\")")

...last in my top-level CMakeLists.txt. This won't work as the message
will get printed before all the "Installing..." and "Up-to-date..."
messages. Is there any way to get a message printed *last* in the make
install step?

The other solution I thought about would be to create a custom target
that depends on the last built and installed target but this is uglier
IMO and is harder to do since the last target will be different from
user to user depending on what parts that specific user wants to
build.

cheers
Mattias