[CMake] Alternative IDL compiler, and adding non-present sources

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 27 10:27:22 EST 2009

Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2009/1/27 Jose Luis Blanco <jlblanco at ctima.uma.es>:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Issue 1:
>>
>> Porting an old project to CMake I realized there's no way to modify the
>> predefined behavior when one adds an IDL file to a Visual Studio
>> project, which is associating it to "midl".
>>
>> In our project we'd rather need to execute a different IDL compiler
>> (TAO_IDL), but declaring an "add_custom_command" i.e. in PREBUILD has no
>> effect since the "midl" association is hard-coded in the generator.
>
> There is a pending bug open for this issue:
>
>> I am thinking on writing a patch for this, but prefer to have opinions
>> about the preferred way to do it to be consistent with the rest of CMake
>> commands and variables.
=

Just fixed it, will make sure the fix goes into 2.6.3....

  cvs commit -m "BUG: fix for 7845, idl files compile even with
headerfile only on" cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx
Committer: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Source/cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx,v  <--
cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx

-Bill