[CMake] test executable failing only when run in ctest

Matthew Leotta matt.leotta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:04:45 EST 2009

I've come across a test on the VXL dashboard that seems to segfault
only on some test machines.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=12&name=bvxm_test_apm_processors&date=2009-01-26

One of the failing machines is mine (Mac_OS_X-10.5.6_unix_make).  When
I run the same test executable from the command line, all the tests
pass and there is no segfault.  Strangely, the segfault only occurs
when the executable is run by ctest.  I can reproduce the dashboard
results by running ctest in the executable's directory.  Has anyone
seen anything like this before?  Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks,
Matt