[CMake] How to integrate Ctest onto CMake build?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Fri Jan 23 00:43:42 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Ashutosh Juneja <ashutosh.juneja at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to CMake/CTest infrastructure. I have built a project (c:\build)
> from source code (c:\src) using cmake on windows. My aim is to integrate
> CTest onto CMake build by running few regression tests. The testcases are
> located at c:\tests.
>
> c:\test\test01
> c:\test\test02
> To run a test, i have to cd to area 'test01' and then execute perl
> commands. I want to know:
>
> 1. At what location should i modify CMakeList.txt file to include ADD_TEST
> commands? At c:\build or c:\src or c:\test?

I suppose you could have the ADD_TEST commands be in either C:\src or
C:\test.  Most people keep their tests in their source tree.  I think you
should be able to include CMake code in C:\test, however, if this is what
you want to do.

2. Is this the same location from where i have to run 'ctest -D
> Experimental'?

You'll want to run ctest from within C:\build

--
Philip Lowman