[CMake] Recompile with different flags

Adam Weiss cseadam+cmake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:05:10 EST 2009

Due to proprietary information issues I can't go into detail, but I
can give a vague description.

Our company started in Ada now is transitioning to C++.  The older
employees don't really want to learn and tend to code the C++ in the
style of Ada and avoid using any of the features like polymorphic
dispatch, templates, or abstract interfaces.  The code that is being
compiled into 2 libraries and 2 executables need to be built by a
third party without too much change to their current gmake procedure.

The other problem is that I was told to try to convert to cmake with a
few code changes as possible (except for the obvious additions of
CMakeLists.txt files).  So far everything has been great.  Then I
found in the current make file that they recompile this set of files
twice, once with a flag set and once without.

The file structure is horrendous, the files themselves are full of
things like this, and there are no formal test procedures.  Some days
I wish I could just sit down and rewrite it all.

So that's my venting for today :)  Hope that sheds some light on
things but wasn't too much.

P.S.  The set_target_properties with COMPILE_FLAGS seems to be working, thanks!

-Adam