[CMake] --build-run-dir for CTest

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 07:08:11 EST 2009

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list.

My question, I believe, is the same one that Tron Thomas recently posted,
and still remains unanswered in the list:

What is the --build-run-dir for CTest supposed to do?

I tried to use it to run a unit test from a specific directory and that did
not work.

How can someone specify the working directory for a unit test?

Or stated otherwise, does CTest provide a mechanism for specifying the
working directory of a test executable?, as opposed to what the add_test
command specifies by default: "The test will be run with the current working
directory set to the CMakeList.txt files corresponding directory in the
binary tree."

I am using CMake/CTest 2.6 pathch 0, as distributed by OpenSUSE.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian