[CMake] Inheriting include directories from dependencies

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 17:50:57 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> I have a project with a similar setup and basically what I do for Project C
> is look for Project A, once I find Project A, there is a specific file that
> looks for all the dependencies of A and adds the appropriate variables like
> include_directories, libraries and such.
>
>  This works out generally well because both projects are at the same
> directory level in my CVS repository so it is generally easy to find Project
> A from Project C.
>
> Other projects, like Qt, VTK and ITK all have a "USE_FILE" that has all the
> needed information like include directories, library directories and such. I
> think this is the way (for now) to do what you need to do.

Michael,

Is there a way to obtain the list of targets passed into
target_link_libraries()? I'm not sure if targets are converted to their
respective binary output paths or not after they are passed into this
function. The only way I join dependencies between targets is through
target_link_libraries(), so unless it retains the targets I will not be able
to use your method it seems.