[CMake] cpack bundle generator qq

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 11:26:47 EST 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 16:10:18 David Cole wrote:
> I would recommend modifying the existing bundle generator to keep its
> current behavior for backwards compatibility *and* add to its behavior such
> that it can produce a drag-n-drop installer for your "make install" tree.
>
> If that proves too difficult in terms of coding or seems otherwise
> unadvisable.... then I would say we should add a new "drag-n-drop bundle
> generator" to CPack that does the "/Applications" shortcut thing and places
> either a single folder of your make install tree or the contents of your
> make install tree next to the /Applications shortcut.
It basically should do that already, it's just a question of sensible defaults
which are somewhat lacking currently. Basically, pretty much all the variables
should probably keep the ability to be manually set but should really get
their defaults from elsewhere in CMake. I've got some local work on this but
haven't turned it into a fully-fledged patch yet.

> Seems like that might be a good solution.
>
> Anybody have time to work on such modifications / new class?
I'm vaguely hacking on the Bundle generator when I get the chance but it takes
a while to get stuff committed so I'll keep just posting on the mailing list
any patches I do and keep them local.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur