[CMake] History and ideas behind FindMPI.cmake?

Jed Brown jed at 59a2.org
Mon Jan 12 17:13:58 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 13:02, Bartlett, Roscoe A <rabartl at sandia.gov> wrote:
> Does anyone else have similar frustrations with FindMPI.cmake and would like
> to see a new implementation as described above?  How many CMake projects
> have a serious MPI component that use FindMPI.cmake?

I make do with the current implementation, but it is a bit brittle and
I would prefer the implementation you describe.  I suspect the history
comes from regarding MPI as `just another library' in which case
wrapper compilers are not desirable since you can't combine wrappers.
Some will surely disagree, but I'm happy to give MPI special priority.

Jed