[CMake] CMake, Visual studio 2005 and long relative path

Armin Berres trigger at space-based.de
Mon Jan 12 15:25:12 EST 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 09 16:15, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> Reading on further:
> "The Windows API has many functions that also have Unicode versions to
> permit an extended-length path for a maximum total path length of
> 32,767 characters. This type of path is composed of components
> separated by backslashes, each up to the value returned in the
> lpMaximumComponentLength parameter of the GetVolumeInformation
> function. To specify an extended-length path, use the "\\?\" prefix.
> For example, "\\?\D:\<very long path>". (The characters < > are used
> here for visual clarity and cannot be part of a valid path string.)"
>
> However I have never used this.

And the bad thing is, that this possibility doesn't help us in our case:
The problem is caused by relative paths in '#include' statements. I
don't know though, if it would be possible to use an absolute path with
the \\?\ syntax here.

> We regularly run into this problem.

Yeah, I was also hit at least twice by the issue. When compiling a gcc
cross coplicer with Cygwin I was also hit by this problem e.g.

Greetings,
Armin