[CMake] Problem with Fortran module enclosed in #ifdef

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Fri Jan 9 04:48:16 EST 2009

Arjen Markus wrote:
>> You are right, that this is uncommon. But I'm trying to replace an
>> existing "build system" for some thousands of files, which preprocesses
>> all Fortran files, even those with ".f" suffix. Unfortunately this is
>> something I can't change.
>> I could use the approach you suggest, but I'd like a more general
>> solution, because I cannot be sure, that this is the only file, where
>> preprocessing makes a difference. There might
>> be other files containing a USE directive enclosed in ifdefs.
>>

> Most compilers seem to have a switch to turn preprocessing on,
> no matter what the extension is. While that is not very portable
> (but then, .F is not either!), it will get you going.

Yes, I know. But my problem is not with the compiler itself, but with
CMake. It seems to assume, that during scanning of dependency and module
information,
files with a suffix of ".f" don't have to be preprocessed, whereas files
with ".F" are preprocessed. I am searching for a way to tell CMake to
perform preprocessing during dependency scanning for files with ".f".

Regards,

Martin