[CMake] Build problem with cmake-2.6.2 on Centos 5.x system

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jan 5 22:22:42 EST 2009

George R Goffe wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I just downloaded cmake 2.6.2 on one of my Centos systems and tried to
> build it... I got the following msgs for my trouble. I see that the
> problem was reported for the CVS version but I'm not sure I want to run
> what could be a less than stable version on my production systems.
>
> Does anyone know of a work around or fix for this problem? Am I missing
> something here?

Something went wrong with the build.  I have not seen that problem
before even in CVS.   You should look at this file:

/tools/cmake/cmake-2.6.2/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake_bootstrap.log

The problem is that cmSystemTools.cxx should not be using cmELF.cxx
during bootstrap.   That symbol should only be required if
CMAKE_USE_ELF_PARSER is defined, which it should not be during
bootstrap.  One thing you could try is to figure out the command line
used to compile cmSystemTools.cxx during bootstrap, and then change it
to use g++ -E and look at the pre-processed file.  It should not have
the elf stuff used.

#if defined(CMAKE_USE_ELF_PARSER)
# include "cmELF.h"
#endif