[CMake] CPack and NSIS bug

Jan Peciva jpeciva at strathmore.edu
Fri Jan 2 05:46:24 EST 2009

Hi,

I started to use CPack for generating NSIS installers and I found it quite useful.
However, I reached a bug.

Since I need a kind of special Start Menu setup on Windows, I used
CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS and
CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_UNINSTALL_COMMANDS
to put direct NSIS code to generate my Start Menu.

So far, everything was ok, and I think, it is quite good idea to let people insert their own NSIS code to customize the installation in every possible way.

But because I need some special installation performing file type associations, that actually need to reflect current registry content and current associations, I am executing exe at this point. All people would probably append the execute command to CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS . And that is what I have done. It is working without problem with one big exception:

When user ticks "Do not create shortcuts" to omit installation of Start Menu, CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS are completely omitted from execution. I expect, this is a bug, because INSTALL_COMMANDS should be executed always (according the meaning of the name) and there should be another variable, something like CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_START_MENU, that will be executed or not be executed, depending on ticking "Do not create shortcuts".

Thanks,
John

Strathmore University provides all-round education in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and/or any files attached to it from your computer. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Strathmore University.  The University accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages incurred, or suffered, resulting, or arising, from the use of this email and/or its attachments.  The University warrants neither the integrity of the e-mail nor its freedom from errors, viruses, interception or any other form of interference.