[CMake] Help with cmake_policy

eblotml at free.fr eblotml at free.fr
Wed Feb 25 05:32:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble to understand how to use the cmake_policy the easy way:

My CMakeLists.txt files are written for CMake 2.6.2
I've upgraded to CMake 2.6.3, and I got some warnings about CMP0011.

How can I tell CMake 2.6.3 to work the way CMake 2.6.2 used to work, without receiving warnings AND CMake 2.6.2 to accept the same CMakeLists.txt ?

I've tried to use CMAKE_POLICY (SET CMP0011 OLD), but this breaks CMake 2.6.2 as it seems CMake does not ignore policies that are not known for a given version of CMake.

As a more general question, is there a way to tell CMake, when upgrading from a patch version to another to NOT complain about any change in policy, without having to specify commands such as -Wno-dev ?

Thanks in advance,
Manu