[CMake] unsetting CXX_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS for one library in a project?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 23 12:22:42 EST 2009

Hi,

I am integrating an external library in the build process of a KDE
application. KDE's findkde4 cmake module adds --fatal-
warnings -Wl,--no-undefined to the linker flags. This library (wv2) links to
glib2, and when I try to link it with these flags set, I get lots of errors
like:

CMakeFiles/wv2.dir/olestream.cpp.o: In function `~OLEStreamReader':
/home/boud/kde/src/koffice/filters/kword/wv2/src/olestream.cpp:76: undefined
reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast

If I make the (old) standalone version of wv2, and add the linker flags,
linking fails as well. Apparently the library works well even though at
linking time there are undefined references, so I am trying to unset the
linker flags for this library only.

Is that possible? Or is there a better solution?