[CMake] Build only what you need in third party libs

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:15:52 EST 2009

I have used boost jam before and there was a mechanism to build only what
you need by specifying dependencies within the boost libraries.  bjam would
then run off calculate deps and build only what I needed. In CMake is there
such a feature to specify a third party library and specify only the targets
you need to build as dependencies of my build target?

i.e. can I use

add_subdirectory( lib/3rdParty/Win32/boost-cmake-1_41_0 ./boost )

then create a target that only uses say boost_filesystem and only have that
built? Or do I need to build the world to get a handful of needed dll's that
are actually used in my project?

--
Brian J. Davis