[CMake] Source file symlinks on out-of-source builds

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Thu Dec 3 13:54:08 EST 2009

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> And, they can still have that, but I once they get used to it, I bet
> they will like it...

Sorry Bill, I think I didn't understand, you mean that they will like to
have source code in a different directory than Makefile's?

> Another option might
> be a tool on top of CMake.  I think there is something that will create
> sym-link trees.  Then you can just do an in-source build in the sym-link
> tree version.

That's what I've meant in the first place (but it's better stated now).
But I object the idea of it being a tool on top of CMake. This sym-link
trees could be created and maintained by CMake itself when the user
updates the CMakeLists.txt. Maybe a command line parameter could trigger
this machinery.

[]s,
rod