[CMake] Unable to run cmake using absoft f95 Fortran compiler

venugopal gudimetla gudimetlav at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:58:32 EDT 2009

Hi Brad,

Thank you very much for your quick response. Yeah I noticed too that for some reason Cmakes is assuming f95 to be a GNU compiler. In the  file /cmake/Modules/CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler.cmake, I didn't see any reference to Absoft compilers, even though f90/f95 compilers are being listed as possible compilers.

1. Inorder to recognize the f95 compiler I did this :

%f95 -v  gave me
Absoft 64-bit Fortran 95 9.0 with Service Pack 1

so perhaps 'Absoft' can be greped to recognize the compiler.  I don't think it is derived from GNU compiler.

2. I also set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_LINK_Fortran_FLAGS "") in my CMakeLists.txt, which made no difference to the error message.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Regards,
Venu

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD