[CMake] Unable to run cmake using absoft f95 Fortran compiler

venugopal gudimetla gudimetlav at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:09:05 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am using CMake 2.6.4 on Linux 64 bit platform. We are using absoft f95 compiler. I am trying to build cgns3.0 which uses CMake for building the package.
Now when I enable Fortran  and try running cmake, I get the following error :

-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /opt/absoft/bin/f95
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /opt/absoft/bin/f95 -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake:25 (MESSAGE):
  The Fortran compiler "/opt/absoft/bin/f95" is not able to compile a simple
  test program.

/opt/absoft/bin/f95 -fPIC
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testFortranCompiler.f.o -o cmTryCompileExec
  -rdynamic

  ERROR: Unrecognized arguments: -rdynamic

could someone please help me how to circumvent this problem/error? I also tried setting
set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_Fortran_Flags "") but it didn't help me.  I also saw one similar problem which said that this problem occurs when the system has multiple Fortran compilers. Is it true? if so, what is the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venugopal Gudimetla

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD