[CMake] CPACK and NSIS

Frank Stappers f.p.m.stappers at tue.nl
Mon Aug 31 05:15:51 EDT 2009

Hello,

Currently, I'm exploring the facilities of CPack and NSIS on Windows.
Thereby I ran into some small troubles.

First, the executables are installed in the "/bin" subdirectory of the
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY. When the variable
CPACK_NSIS_MODIFY_PATH is set to ON, it will add
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY
to the Windows PATH environment. While the executables are located in
the subdirectory, they cannot be found when they are executed on the
command line (without omiting the path to the executable). Therefore I
have the following question: Is there a way to add a subdirectory to the
PATH environment variable, instead of the CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY?

Second, the message to add CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY to the system
 path is shown, prior to selecting the path where the CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME
is installed. This might be confusing for people that need to install
the tool. Therefore, I suggest to 1) either display
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY after selecting a path for
CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME or 2) display CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME instead of
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY. (Can be found at L6 of
NSIS.InstallOptions.ini.in).

Kind Regards,
Frank

F.P.M (Frank) Stappers