[CMake] cmake on Snow Leopard

Celil Rufat celil.rufat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 20:21:49 EDT 2009

Hello,

I recently installed Snow Leopard, and I am having trouble building my
application with CMake. The Unix Makefile generator fails while checking for
a working gcc compiler with the following output:

CMake Error at /Applications/CMake
2.6-4.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:32
(MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "/Developer/usr/bin/gcc" is not able to compile a simple
  test program.

ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.5.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [cmTryCompileExec] Error 1
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

I think the problem is in the fact that Snow Leopard no longer supports
powerpc binaries and cmake is still trying to build my application as
universal binaries instead of just building intel binaries.

Has anybody tries to use cmake on Snow Leopard? Can you suggest a workaround
this issue? Is there a way to disable universal binaries and just build my
application for the intel processor?

Thanks,
Celil