[CMake] [New Module] FindHDF5.cmake

James C. Sutherland James.Sutherland at utah.edu
Fri Aug 28 12:26:33 EDT 2009

On Aug 28, 2009, at 9:14 AM, James C. Sutherland wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Will Dicharry wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I've committed the FindHDF5 and SelectLibraryConfigurations modules
>> to the CMake CVS repository.
>>
>> Thanks for your input and feel free to contact me with questions
>> regarding the modules.
>>
>> --Will
>>

> Will,
>
> Thank you for your initiative in putting this together.  Now that I
> have tried using it, I have a question: how do I specify additional
> search path(s) for hdf5 if I have it installed in a non-standard
> place?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Got it.
	set( ENV{HDF5_ROOT} <path> )

I have a question about the static library option.  I did:
	set( HDF5_USE_STATIC_LIBRARIES 1 )

which should trigger linkage with static libraries, right?  But what I
see in the link line is:

> /usr/lib/libz.dylib /usr/lib/libm.dylib /jcs/apps/hdf5_serial/lib/
> libhdf5_cpp.dylib /usr/lib/libz.dylib /usr/lib/libm.dylib /jcs/apps/
> hdf5_serial/lib/libhdf5_cpp.dylib

FYI in the configure step the static libs are found, i.e.,
> -- Found HDF5: debug;/jcs/apps/hdf5_serial/lib/libhdf5_cpp.a;/usr/
> lib/libz.dylib;/usr/lib/libm.dylib;optimized;/jcs/apps/hdf5_serial/
> lib/libhdf5_cpp.a;/usr/lib/libz.dylib;/usr/lib/libm.dylib

Any tips on getting the static library linkage working?