[CMake] OBJECT_DEPENDS and target-level dependency.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Aug 16 03:54:09 EDT 2009

The source files of a library depend on generated files from another
library on its parent directory. Let's call them libParent and libChild.

For the source files on libChild I do

SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(some_source.cpp
    PROPERTIES OBJECT_DEPENDS libParent)

This way I try to delay the compilation of some_source.cpp until
libParent is finished.

But when make -j4 attempts to build some_source.cpp it fails saying that
it doesn't know how to make libParent.

Is this a bug on cmake or I'm using the wrong approach?

cmake 6.4.4, unix makefiles, gnu make, linux.

--
Óscar