[CMake] Auto detect IDL changes

avner cohen avcoh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 12:33:17 EDT 2009

Greetings all,

I've been deploying Cmake into our project for the past 2-3 months and just up with a problem I was unable to resovle so far.

As part of the work we do, during Cmake execution, we also compile our C++ IDLs.

I've managed to come up with a clean EXECUTE_PROCESS code that will run this on all OSs.
The problem is that IDLs do not change on a frequent basis and the fact that these are added to the cmake makes it very generic, but forces a full build with every build request.

Is there any way to come up with a way to identify the case where IDLs are changed only than execute the compilation code?

Thanks in Advance,
         Avner Cohen.