[CMake] eclipse generator and sibling folders

Antoine DUCHAMPS antoine.duchamps at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 07:54:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to create an eclipse project out of source and after
reading the wiki http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator
I'm confused. The section "accesing the source and advanced editing
features " says that the source code must be inside the project and
sugest to create source and build folders as "siblings". From this I
understand that I have to folders like

/home/user/project-src
/home/user/project-bin

So, how can be the source inside the project? I assume that I have to
call ccmake as usual, i.e. :

cd /home/user/project-bin
ccmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" ../project-src

(Of course this works but I cannot navigate the source code after
importing the project into eclipse ... )

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

antoine