[CMake] Can't get incremental linking turned off...

Dick Munroe munroe at csworks.com
Wed Apr 29 10:27:15 EDT 2009

I'm building fortran executables that run on a web server.  The
occasional bug gets hit and I want to have traceback information
available so that I can take a guess at what went wrong.

In order to get traceback information in, I have to have incremental
linking turned off which doesn't seems to be working at all.

I'm using 2.6 patch 2.

I've put the following into my CMakeLists.txt file:

set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO "/debug /INCREMENTAL:NO")

Which has no effect at all.

I've even made the mods directly in the cache turning incremental
linking off everywhere it's on with no joy.

Do I have to upgrade to 2.6.3 or is there some other fix in place for
this problem.

Of course I can do this manually, but that sort of defeats the purpose
of CMake...

Best,

Dick Munroe
Dick Munroe			(E) mailto:munroe at csworks.com
Cottage Software Works, Inc.	(O) 617 901 9052
PMB 361				(F) 617 489 0328
464 Common St.			(W) http://www.csworks.com/
Belmont, Ma. 02478