[CMake] Invoking the install target with components

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:24:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using the COMPONENT option of the install command, and found myself not
knowing how to invoke the installation of only one component. Browsing the
list's archives, I found a 2006 post [1] that suggests doing the following:

make preinstall && cmake -DCOMPONENT=foo -P cmake_install.cmake

I tried it and it works, but I find it somewhat complicated for frequent
use. Is there an alternative way to invoke the installation of a particular
component? If not, my second option would be to create custom targets for
each of our (very few) component types (e.g., install_foo), any better
ideas?

TIA,

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg03461.html

--