[CMake] Help with VMS port of CMake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Apr 27 14:52:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to port CMake to VMS.   For the first pass I am going to use
the GNV tools and gmake.    I am very close, but I am having trouble
with files that have more than one "." in the name.  CMake uses files
like that in several places, as do many CMake based projects.

Assuming I use POSIX paths on VMS, does anyone on this list know what
magic the GNV cat program uses to handle the following:

This works:
cat  /idisk1/devel/Windows-cl.cmake.in

I wrote a simple C++ program that uses fstream to open argv[1], and get
the following results:

These work:
./test.  Windows-cl.cmake.in
./test.  Windows-cl^.cmake.in
./test.  idisk1:[devel]Windows-cl^.cmake.in

This does not:
./test.  /idisk1/devel/Windows-cl.cmake.in

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Bill