[CMake] msvc linking problem k3b on windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 22 10:06:13 EDT 2009

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8920

Thanks.

>> Oops, you're right.  My bad.  I guess you can use your workaround for
>> now.
> yes, thanks for the hint.

This might work better:

    set_target_properties(k3b_bin PROPERTIES
     IMPORT_SUFFIX _bin${CMAKE_IMPORT_LIBRARY_SUFFIX})

The CMAKE_IMPORT_LIBRARY_SUFFIX variable already contains the extension for
each platform.  In fact that is what is used if IMPORT_SUFFIX is not set.

> BTW: Because we are on naming target created files - are there any plans
> to support real versioned dll's on windows ?

We do support the "image version" fields in dll binaries.  What do you mean
by "real" versioned DLLs?  Are you talking about side-by-side stuff?

-Brad