[CMake] Problem with recognising the MSYS environment

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Wed Apr 22 03:10:41 EDT 2009

On 2009-04-17 10:02, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Zitat von Arjen Markus <arjen.markus at deltares.nl>:
>> With -G "MSYS Makefiles" I do get the proper setting for MSYS.
>> The find_library command still insists on using the MS Visual C/C++
>> versions of the libraries, though, so I need to use my workaround
>> still. But at least one point is solved.
>
> What libraries do you want to lookup with find_library()? If those are
> system/compiler libraries (e.g. ws2), don't do that but link them by
> their name, e.g. target_link_libraries(x ws2). This will always give you
> the right one.
> Find_library() should only be used for libraries that are not system or
> compiler specific, e.g. you look but libfoo but never for libm.

Werner suggested that I use CMake 2.6.3 instead of 2.6.2, as he did not
have these problems. Indeed, with CMake 2.6.3 the correct import
libraries are found.

Regards,

Arjen

Delft Hydraulics, GeoDelft, the Subsurface and Groundwater unit of TNO and parts of Rijkswaterstaat have joined forces in a new independent institute for delta technology, Deltares. Deltares combines knowledge and experience in the field of water, soil and the subsurface. We provide innovative solutions to make living in deltas, coastal areas and river basins safe, clean and sustainable.

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.