[CMake] msvc linking problem k3b on windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Apr 21 08:29:02 EDT 2009

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> For my opinion the problem here is caused by the fact that cmake uses
> the value of the OUPUT_NAME property for creating the import library
> name and not the target name which is expected.

Why is it expected that the target name be used for the import library
name and not OUTPUT_NAME?  IMO CMake is doing exactly what you told it
to do.  The OUTPUT_NAME property specifies the *file* name for the target,
which is different from the *logical* name in CMake code.  Why shouldn't
the import library for an executable match the name of the executable?

You can tweak the name of the import library by setting the IMPORT_PREFIX
and/or IMPORT_SUFFIX properties on the target:

set_target_properties(k3b_bin PROPERTIES IMPORT_SUFFIX _bin)

-Brad