[CMake] looking for Visual Studio installation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 16:52:08 EDT 2009

On 19.04.09 14:24:42, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> > On 19.04.09 13:31:22, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
>
> >> I get it. But wouldn't it be a GOOD THING to incorporate logic of
> >> vcvarsall.bat into cmake's module looking for VC?
>
> > That would mean it needs to find that file as first thing, because that
> > file actually uses its own absolute path to set the variables properly. And
> > at that moment you again have a problem when people have multiple VS
> > installations on the same machine.
>
> I guess multiple installations of VS is a very rare case.

I pretty much doubt that, making sure a piece of software builds on
different compilers is important for _anybody_ producing some kind of
library thats being used by other software components.

Where I work, everybody who has a win32 installation for working on our
software has at least 2 VS installations. (though we don't use cmake at
all, but our buildsystem also relies on properly setup environment)

Andreas

--
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.