[CMake] looking for Visual Studio installation

Piotr Dobrogost pd at opensource.dobrogost.pl
Sun Apr 19 07:31:22 EDT 2009

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> That is by design.   Even if CMake did find them, the user would still
> need to set them in order to use the command line tools.  CMake makes
> the simple assumption that the compiler is installed and running in the
> environment CMake is running in.

I get it. But wouldn't it be a GOOD THING to incorporate logic of
vcvarsall.bat into cmake's module looking for VC?
I would be surprised to see cmake supporting some tool chain out of the
box but not supporting the most popular tool chain on Windows platform
in the same way.

Do you know any other platform where user has to manually set
environment each time he's going to use development tools?

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***