[CMake] CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Apr 18 14:39:58 EDT 2009

Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
> Mattias Helsing wrote:
>
>> Hi Piotr,
>>
>> I have a vague memory of a similar problem. As I remember - I was
>> better off using %VS90COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat to source in the build
>> environment. Could you try this?
>
> Thanks for your interest and info.
> Problem has mysteriously gone :)
> I still don't know how to configure VC command line tools for gui tools
> like cmake-gui, though.

I have put in a fix in CVS CMake:

$ cvs commit -m "BUG: fix cmake so that if you configure with a bad env
for cl, then with a good path, it will configure correctly"
CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake
Committer: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake,v  <--
CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake,v  <--
CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake

I was able to reproduce the problem pretty easy.  The fix was to remove
some configured files if the compiler failed its test compile.

> I asked this question here
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/deb76102-7977-4e71-8e13-7da8cc990997

There are two ways that I know of:

1. put the VC environment stuff in your environment by hand into the my
computer properties:
INCLUDE, LIB, PATH
2. run cmake-gui from a shell that has vsvars.bat already run in it.

-Bill