[CMake] Problem with recognising the MSYS environment

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 17 04:09:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

On 17.04.2009, at 10:02, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Zitat von Arjen Markus <arjen.markus at deltares.nl>:
>> With -G "MSYS Makefiles" I do get the proper setting for MSYS.
>> The find_library command still insists on using the MS Visual C/C++
>> versions of the libraries, though, so I need to use my workaround
>> still. But at least one point is solved.
>
> What libraries do you want to lookup with find_library()? If those
> are system/compiler libraries (e.g. ws2), don't do that but link
> them by their name, e.g. target_link_libraries(x ws2). This will
> always give you the right one.
> Find_library() should only be used for libraries that are not system
> or compiler specific, e.g. you look but libfoo but never for libm.

But then cmake will complain/warn that you mix libraries with full
path with libraries without path information. Should these warnings be
ignored (why does cmake warn then in the first place) or how should
that be handled correctly?

Werner

> HS

Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik
Technische Universitaet Wien
Wiedner Hauptstr 8-10
A-1040 Wien
Austria

email: smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499