[CMake] FW: Cmake on Sun?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Apr 16 23:46:14 EDT 2009

George Neill wrote:

> I will try later tonight.
>
> When I reproduced this error earlier today ... I was doing an
> in-source bootstrap.  I ran the bootstrap twice, the first was using
> gnu toolset and the second with SS10 tools.
>
> Rechecking out the source and doing an out-of-source bootstrap I
> seemingly cannot reproduce the issue.
>
> So it might just be a keyboard operator issue!!   I'll let you know what I find.

No, I think you found it...

I just reproduced the issue on a linux box.

If you do this:

1. run bootstrap in source
2. rm Bootstrap.cmk/*.o
3. run bootstrap again

The problem is the the cmConfigure.h gets put into the build/source
tree, and it is configured for elf support.   The next time bootstrap is
run it picks up the cmConfigure.h from the Source tree and tries to
build with elf support configured to be on, and you get the error.

I guess this could happen if you were building a CVS CMake, and did an
in-source bootstrap, then a cvs update, then an in-source bootstrap again.

-Bill