[CMake] FW: Cmake on Sun?

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Thu Apr 16 15:38:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> George Neill wrote:
>

>> I seem to remember running in to this issue when trying to build cmake
>> on SS10/Solari10.  If I recall correctly, it turned out being an
>> environment issue.  A conflict with GNU ld/SUN ld?   (but I may have
>> lost some memory cells since then!)
>>

> The boostrap cmake should not use any symbols from cmELF.   So, I really
> don't think it is an ld issue.

I was able to recreate this situation by prepending /usr/sfw/bin in my
path and exporting

-bash-3.00$ env | grep CC
CXX=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

then running,

./bootstrap --no-qt-gui --prefix=/tmp/cmake

(note without setting CC and CXX, it picked up the gnu stuff and
bootstrapped fine)

So there is certainly a conflict somewhere.

Later,
George