[CMake] WinCE Support

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Thu Apr 16 10:58:02 EDT 2009

Alexey Sariy schrieb:
> Andreas Pokorny wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2009/4/16 Alexey Sariy <alexey at qarea.com>:
>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> Please see another implementation of WinCE projects generator here
>>> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8486 .

Hi Alexey,

thanks for pointing us to your solution to the problem that - at least
me - missed completely until now. I did not have a look at your patch
yet, but from the comments in the report I guess your solution might be
closer to be directly integrated into the cmake core framework than ours
is probably. Moreover I'm also highly interested in your solution for
Symbian as this might also be something that we need in the future.

Obviously there is a lot of work being done in parallel by different
people and I think it would be nice if we could somehow coordinate this
in some clever way - although I do not know how. In principle for me any
solution viable to get our projects compiled for the right platform is
ok, so it's not a problem for me to continue improving the solution from
someone else. Nevertheless I think this could also be the right time for
Bill or anyone else from you CMake guys to add your two cents, which
solution you think should be chosen over the other, also from an
software architectural point of view as the integrators.

Regards
Clemens