[CMake] QtCreator Comments - was [CMake generators (Xcode and Unix Makefile)]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 07:58:23 EDT 2009

On 16.04.09 07:31:54, Michael Jackson wrote:
> Basically what this boils down to is there may need to be a new generator
> for QtCreator. This would require cooperation between the QtCreator team
> and the developers creating that generator so that everything that is
> needed is put into the generator.  This will end up being kind of a boot
> strapping process at first but in the end I think would be well worth it
> for both CMake and QtCreator.

Another option that can be considered is simply parsing and interpreting
the CMakeLists.txt files in QtCreator. Of course that would be a lot easier
if CMake would provide some of its internals as API in a library, as
currently one has to check the source of CMake to find out how the
functions are implemented.

This approach is what we've done for KDvelop4 and it works quite well (even
though we don't yet support all things that the CMake api offers).

Andreas

--
After your lover has gone you will still have PEANUT BUTTER!