[CMake] CMake generators (Xcode and Unix Makefile)

christophe laferriere christophe.laferriere at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:57:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was using classic Unix Makefile generator until I found a webpage
explaining CMake could produce a nice xcode project file using "cmake -
G Xcode" so I ran that command in my source directory and I get a nice
xcode project. This is great but I'm facing some drawback and was
wondering if there are solutions to these :

- now I can't build out of tree using unix makefiles (I use to run
cmake ../myproj in a build dir and then make command) this doesn't
work anymore (I suppose temp files in the project dir are responsible)

- some of my headers are generated by cmake (myproj.h.in became
myproj.h and is include in some tests for example) but I can't find
those files in the xcode project I get.

Thanks in advance for any good advice on how I can combine xcode
project and unix makefile to be able to use both.